Romantic fiction, Uncategorized

Was the love fake too?

I sat on the bench in the park. It had been too cold here. But amazingly the cold winds looked soothing today. The jolt from the blue that I had received made my mind numb. I wondered how long I had been in the impression of a lie. I had been a fool to trust him, I had fought against everyone for him, going against my family and friends hadn’t been easy but I did it for him. Our relation had gone sour long time back but what hurt today was that even his identity was fake. Did he never feel the need to tell me the truth? I sighed as I thought about the past and mysteries unfold. I looked at the couple who would come by every evening in this park to send quality moments together. Would they be like this forever or infidelity would come by in their path?
It hadn’t been easy to get into a second relation after my first love story had burnt off. The biggest problem with my first fling had been me. I could never fall in love with him however hard I tried, it was just a one sided affair and then finally I broke up all bonds. This made him go mad and he reacted too offensively to this. He slapped me in front of everyone and warned me in public. And then I thought love had to be cruel. I walked away promising myself that I’d not get into any relation now but things change and suddenly Adam came into my life. I thought I was finally in love. We met in one of those chat rooms and soon we had each other’s cell numbers. Earlier it was just messages which soon graduated to long phone calls and I couldn’t even realize when I accepted his proposal in one of our video chats. Life was no more a complexity for me.
But opposition came soon. No one accepted our relation as it stood in the virtual world. We lived miles apart. It was almost another part of the country. I knew my family would never accept him but my friends also warned me. I never thought they would go against me but then friends are always good and soon they accepted our relation. Things were beautiful and I was on top of the world. We had decided so much about our wedding, my wedding gown, honeymoon destinations and what not. My life was finally set. But I guess life is always there to give an unexpected fall. Adam suddenly disappeared from my life. I called all his numbers but the only response I got was,”The number you are calling is switched off.” I tried to contact 2-3 friends I had heard about but they didn’t reply. I was going crazy. It was the biggest shock of my life. We tried to search him a lot and one day I made up my mind to forget him, to live like this. If he’d some day want to come in my life, he’ll. Days changed into months and it was going to be one year since Adam left me. I had been cold then and so was it now. Today I got to know that he didn’t exist. There was no Adam I knew. He had lied to me. It was just a time pass. Adam wasn’t his real name, in fact he was helped by his friends to make me believe about him. All his friends I knew were his juniors, today I came to know they were his batch mates. He wasn’t even in the course he had told me he was studying.He had faked his identity. And now I realized things falling into place. Why he didn’t let me stay on facebook? Why he didn’t let me talk to any one else? I don’t know why he did all this. May be he didn’t want me to tell or may be he was waiting for the right time but there’s just one question in my heart ‘Was the love fake too?’

Image Courtesy: Google

This post is dedicated to a close friend and gal if you are reading it you must have realized it long time back. I just wanted to tell you we love you and we won’t let you be weak anymore. We are with you and we’ll help you move on and get a better man for yourself. Love ya  ðŸ™‚

18 Comments

sathish kumar

August 4, 2012

touched.

Himani Goyal

August 4, 2012

very nice

saikat mbka ghosh

August 4, 2012

real fake love story of a virtual world …..how can one get committed after chatting for a while in fb….life is more than real…..
    anyways sad incident am sure yr frnd will get sumone better and far more real….sum day 🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 4, 2012

🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 4, 2012

thanks Himani 🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 4, 2012

Yes Saikat, you're right..But then life goes on and you never even FB has brought together so many wonderful couples.

Alok Upadhayay

August 4, 2012

Once again, a well written story by you… 🙂 🙂 just.. beautiful and touching one.
    You made me remind so many other stories that I have experienced in my life but still there is something in the above to make it the memorable one.
    For your friend.. and her question – "Was the love fake too?"
    I will just say – Dear, Love is something that can never be fake. Its something that can never be into grey. It will be either black or white. In your part, there was no love at all from the other side because in love there is no place for lies.
    If lie is there then it just become a beautiful pleasing game which just gets over with tears of just any one (obviously the one who is true). Be happy that you have got some true friends… as beautiful as jems. Be with them, enjoy life and be happy… cozz ZINDAGI JO BHI HAI, JITANI BHI HAI.. BAHUT KHOOBSURAT HAI… 🙂 🙂

For you Ms.Harshita – Once again.. great job… and thanks for invitation too.. 🙂

Rosaline

August 4, 2012

Awesome..I wish I could ever write like you 🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 4, 2012

Thanks Girl 🙂
    and I believe if I can write then any one can write 😛

Harshita Srivastava

August 4, 2012

Thank you Alok Upadhayay for such a great message and praise as well 🙂

Vaanbhatt

August 5, 2012

I will give benefit of doubt to…these days nobody keeps diary…if mobile is lost…all relations will be lost…so move on…do your best and leave the rest…why anyone wants to suffer for wrongdoings of others…mai dekh raha tha…bachcha blog se kitane din door rah sakta hai…

Harshita Srivastava

August 5, 2012

maine kisi ko promise kiya hai ki is baar mai kuch achieve kar k dikhaungi so less of blogging now 🙂

Jasmeet Kukreja

August 7, 2012

Nicely nararted the fake love story

A surprise gift, you might like Harshita 🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 7, 2012

Awww..thank you so much dear 🙂
    You made my day 😀

xoxo

Radhika Harlalka

August 9, 2012

Wow! I truly loved this post harshita.. Superb work! 🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 10, 2012

Thanks Radhika. It is always sweet to receive positive comments from fellow bloggers..

Prasoon

August 12, 2012

Harshita, frankly I didn't read this post. I just saw your comment on my blogpost and jumped directly on to your blog. I just want to say- best of luck!! Really happy that you are on with a novel!!.. 🙂 🙂

When is it hitting the market? WOuld love to read it pakka 🙂

Harshita Srivastava

August 12, 2012

Thanks a ton Prasoon… It'll be up by mid of next year..The updates will keep coming on my blog 🙂